Iakovos Photiades Foodstuff Suppliers Ltd (hereafter referred to as “Company”, “We” or “Us”) is the Controller of your personal data and with this notice we would like to inform you that we respect your rights and in particular your right to the protection of your personal data. Our vision and mission is to maintain a high level of personal data protection and security, to make sure that you know how we use your personal data, which you are rights are and how you can exercise them.
We have created this Privacy Notice as a mean to achieve our vision and mission.
Below we provide you with all the necessary information to make sure that you know what, how and why we are processing your personal data, what your rights are and how you can exercise them.
Our products and services are subject to constant growth. For this reason, we may modify or supplement this privacy notice from time to time and we will publish any modified versions of it on our sites. In such a case, we will provide and / or otherwise make available to you a copy of the modified Privacy Notice. However, we encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Notice to remain informed of how we use your personal data.
- Scope of this Notice
This Privacy Notice applies to the processing of personal data which we collect in the context of our business activities of Retail and HORECA and when you interact with our website.
- What data we collect, how and for what purposes
In order for us to be able to perform our day to day operations in the context of Retail and HORECA we collect personal data of individuals which either receive services from the Company directly or they represent their employers in such a business relationship. To do so we collect your identification and contact details, in particular name, surname, contact address, e-mail address and phone number.
We collect personal data to be able to communicate with you with regards to the business relationship, to get orders and deliver them, to bill the goods and services provided and in general to manage the relationship.
In order for us to be able to provide to you with our goods and services, it is necessary to collect personal data, so if you do not wish to provide to us your personal data, we inform you that we will not be able to provide you with our goods and services
Furthermore, when you are contacting us via our website you provide us with your personal data in order to communicate with regards to the matter that you raised.
- Why do we process your personal data and what are our legal bases
A processing is considered lawful only when there is a legal basis.
In order to process your personal data, we use the following legal bases:
- Performance of contract: When processing activities necessary for the performance of a contract for the provision of goods or services, to which you are a party or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- Legitimate interests: We are conducting processes to manage our business activities, including the communication about orders and deliveries, billing, improvement of our products and services based on ours and to our customers economic and business interests.
5. Sharing your personal data
We will only share your personal data with third parties in cases where it is necessary to either comply with a legal obligation or to enforce or defend legal claims including debt collection. In case where you, personally, have outstanding debts on your name we may share your personal data with debt collection agents. If we will share your personal data, we will take appropriate measures to ensure the security and the protection od such sharing.
Normally, we don’t transfer personal date to third countries outside European Union. However, in case where we will proceed with such transfer, we will do so only if the conditions set out in data protection laws are fulfilled, for example if there is an adequacy decision meaning that the third country ensures an adequate level of protection. In the absence of such decision we use appropriate safeguards such as binding contracts with third parties (i.e. standard data protection clauses). If you wish to obtain further information with regards to transfers outside EU please contact us at email@example.com.
- Retention period of personal data
We only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to achieve the above purposes. In other words, we will retain your personal data for the duration of our business relationship and after the termination of our relationship we may store some of your personal data for the duration necessary to comply with our legal obligation such us VAT and Tax laws.
Also, in case where we received your personal data from your employer we will retain you personal data either for the whole duration of the business relationship we have with your employer or until your employer inform us that you either left your employment or you are not the responsible person to manage our relationship. In the later case we will delete your personal data as soon as your employer inform us.
Your contact details that we use for commercial communication purposes will be processed until the termination of such communication and for any additional period that is necessary to achieve the purposes of the communication.
- Security of processing of your personal data
Knowing our responsibility when processing your personal data, we implement appropriate policies, rules, and technical security measures to ensure a high level of security and protection of your personal data from unauthorized access, inappropriate use or disclosure, unauthorized modification, accidental loss, destruction or damage.
- Your rights
In addition to the above, we inform you that you have the following rights in relation to your personal data that you can exercise at any time. You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. You will receive information on whether we hold personal data about you and, if so, why we use it. Also, this allows you to obtain a copy of the personal data.
- Ask for rectification of the personal data we hold for you. This enables you to correct any shortcomings or inaccuracies about your data.
- Ask for the deletion of your personal data. This allows you to ask from us to delete your personal data where there is no reason to continue processing it.
- Object to the processing of your personal data where we rely on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation that makes you want to object to the processing on this basis.
- Object to the automated decision-making including profiling.
- Ask to restrict the processing of your personal information. This allows you to ask us to interrupt the processing of your personal data and restrict the use of your personal data. This right can be exercised under certain circumstances, for example when you contested the accuracy of your personal data.
- Require the transfer of your personal data in a structured and commonly used and machine-readable format to you or to another person (commonly known as the “data portability” right).
- Withdrawal of consent. In cases where you have consented to a particular processing activity, you have right to withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the legitimacy of the processing before the withdrawal of your consent.
- Submit a complaint to the Supervisory Authority. If you are concerned about any aspect of our privacy practices, including how we handle your personal information, you can report it to the appropriate Supervisory Authority.
Please bear in mind that some of the above rights may not be applicable in all cases.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact Information
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or you want to exercise your rights as outlined above or you wish to file a complaint, please contact us:
- by sending e-mail to: email@example.com
- or calling us at 22 488400 (office hours)
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not receive a satisfactory response from us or in any case you can immediately file your complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner using the following link http://www.dataprotection.gov.cy.